By Jed Z. Buchwald
New essays in technological know-how heritage ranging around the complete box and similar in such a lot example to the works of Charles Gillispie, one of many field's founders.
Read or Download A Master of Science History: Essays in Honor of Charles Coulston Gillispie PDF
Similar entomology books
This huge reference paintings treats a complete all over the world order of bugs. It summarizes, from either a organic and sytematic viewpoint, present wisdom at the Heteroptera, or actual insects, a gaggle containing nearly 35,000 species, lots of that are vital to agriculture and public healthiness.
Malformation illness of mango (Mangifera indica) firstly famous in patches in India has now became an international threat anyplace mango is grown. The problem posed by way of the matter attracted curiosity of Scientists from quite a few disciplines, proceed to take action, and should allure their recognition until eventually the matter is known threadbare, and resolved.
This ebook presents an replace of the 1st variation, that's famous because the definitive reference on insect repellents. the second one variation displays the present nation of insect repellent technology. It covers the strategies inquisitive about the improvement and trying out of recent lively materials and formulations, and discusses the sensible makes use of of repellents.
Mark Twain and the artwork of the Tall story is a learn of a unusual American comedian technique and its position in Mark Twain's fiction. targeting the writer's experiments with narrative constitution, Wonham describes how Twain manipulated traditional techniques to interpreting and writing through enticing his viewers in a chain of rhetorical games--the ideas of which he tailored from the conventions of tall story in American oral and written traditions.
- Encyclopedia of South American Aquatic Insects: Odonata -Zygoptera: Illustrated Keys to Known Families, Genera, and Species in South America
- grzimek's animal life encyclopedia. protostomes
- Enzymes in Farm Animal Nutrition
- Insects and Human Life
- The Royal Entomological Society Book of British Insects
Additional resources for A Master of Science History: Essays in Honor of Charles Coulston Gillispie
2–6. Reprinted in A14. Chinese Translation, Science and Culture Review, 5 (July 2008), pp. 88–97. 56. ‘‘Janis Langins on the Corps Royal du Genie Militaire,’’ Essay Review of Conserving the Enlightenment (2003). Annals of Science, 62, 2 (2005). 57. ‘‘The Rare Book Room, A Rare Privilege,’’ Princeton University Library Chronicle, LXVII, 1 (Autumn 2005), pp. 95–106. 58. ‘‘The Scientific Revolution,’’ Historically Speaking, VIII, 1 (2006). 59. ‘‘The Distorted Meridian,’’ Focus Section, Isis, 98, 4 (December 2007), pp.
45. Davide Arecco, Montegolfiere, scienze et lumi nel tardo settecento, cultura accademica e cognoscenze technice della vigilia della Rivoluzione francese all’eta napoleonica. Bari: Ed. Cacucci 2003. p. 247. Illustrated. Revue d’Histoire des Sciences 56, 1 (In Press). 46. Michel Cotte, De l’espionnage industriel a` la veille technologique. pp. 289. Belfort-Montbe´liard: Presse Univerisaires de Franche-Comte´. Technology and Culture 47 (Oct. 2006), 27–28. 47. 189. Aldershot: Ashgate, 2005. In Press, Medical History (Wellcome Institute) 51, 4 (Oct.
47. ‘‘Jerome Blum, 1913–1993,’’ Proceedings of the American Philosophical Society, 138, 3 (1994), pp. 408–412. 48. ‘‘L’exposition du syste`me du monde, Deux cents ans apre`s sa publication, retour sur le ce´le`bre ouvrage de Laplace,’’ La Recherche, 292 (Novembre 1996), pp. 76–79. 49. , 1921–1995,’’ Isis, 88 (June 1997), pp. 302–303. 50. ‘‘The Spirit of Accountancy Raised to Genius,’’ Chemical Heritage, 14, 2 (1997), pp. 10–11. 51. ‘‘L’Encyclope´die:Vues d’Ailleurs,’’ Les Cahiers de Science & Vie, 47 (Octobre 1998), pp.